Food Stamps Now Go Farther at Poughkeepsie "Fresh Connect" Farmers' Market
The Poughkeepsie Farmers' Market has been selected under a new program announced by Gov. Andrew Cuomo aimed at strengthening farmers markets and helping promote locally grown foods. Under the New York Fresh Connect Farmers Markets program, the Poughkeepsie Farmers' Market will now be able to offer a $2 rebate for every $5 in food stamps spent.
"Farmers markets increase farm sales and revenue by bringing farm produce directly to the consumer," Cuomo said in a statement. "These markets also help underserved communities by providing fresh produce, nutritional education, and local jobs."
Things you should know:
- You can support the market by liking us on Facebook and following POKMKT on Twitter.
- The Poughkeepsie Farmers' Market is made possible through the generous support of our sponsors, including Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union and Hudson Valley Office Furniture and the City of Poughkeepsie. More information on sponsorship is available - contact us!
- The market operates rain or shine. Unless park officials tell us our safety is at risk, we're in business!
- The Poughkeepsie Farmers' Market accepts debit and credit cards, Farmers' Market Nutrition Coupons (FMNP) and SNAP/Food Stamps (EBT).
- Upcoming Community Night: September 23rd - Sustainable Living in the Hudson Valley
- Free parking is available in the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park parking lot, Pulaski Park and on Washington Street. Need directions? Click here. Walkway Over the Hudson’s free parking is underwritten by Overlook Pointe—An AVR Community and Clear Channel Radio.
- We’re looking for volunteers to help our dynamic team of partners (Poughkeepsie Farm Project, Friends of the Walkway Over the Hudson, City of Poughkeepsie and New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation) make the market great! For more information, contact Andrew Jordan, Market Manager (phone: 845-661-4386, email: email@example.com).
Consider making a donation today to support life-changing experiences learning about food and farming and to provide tons of good food to low-income families.